Monday, July 2, 2007

Gray Heron Sillhouettes at Sunrise

We live in Iwakuni, Japan, near a large tidal river called the Imazu. I go there to walk or run our border collie, Jazz. And I go to take pictures. There are birds and bugs and flowers and the sunrises are often spectacular. The beauty there often encourages me to praise Him for the majesty of His creaton, as I bring my prayer requests, along with my camera gear, too.

On this day, I was headed to a small patch of land where people grow lotus root. There are a variety of dragonflies and robber flies around the patties of standing water where the lotus root are cultivated.

On the way, gray herons were perched along the rivers' edge, as the waters of the higher tide was teeming with potential breakfast for the heron.

I did get to see some dragonflies, damselflies, and robber flies eventually, but first a few pictures of the herons.

In His Grip,
Kevin









3 comments:

Leslie said...

Man, these are all great pictures. I think the last one is the best though. That's some really good work.

tomsimages.com said...

These are terrific!

ianclamp said...

A great set of pictures Kevin