Monday, September 10, 2007

How Wonderful!

It was actually nice and cool when I woke up this morning. So Jazz and I went for a bike ride, and I actually didn't sweat for the first time in a very long time. And while the clouds hid the spectacular sunrise from us, the gray sky over the river and the gray, misty island in the distance made me pause and give thanks for the wonders of His creation. Yes, even His grays are beautiful!

One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.

Psalm 145:4-6 NIV

Hopefully, some morning soon, I'll catch that sun coming up from behind that isle, as it only does about this time each year.

Until then, here are a few shots of some other bits of His creation, taken during the last week.


In His Grip,
Kevin

Fritillary
(Canon EF-S 60 F2.8 Macro)


Hummingbird Hawk Moth
(Canon EF-S 60 F2.8 Macro)



House Sparrow
(EF 135 F2L w/1.4x II TC)



Dragonfly
(EF 135 F2L w/1.4x II TC)




Little Red Flower
(EF 135 F2L w/1.4x II TC)



Cosmos
(EF 135 F2L w/1.4x II TC)

No comments: